The board carries out its responsibilities directly and through its five standing committees, each mandated to provide detailed oversight of the following key areas:
- audit and finance
- human resources and compensation
- nominating, corporate governance and risk
- reserves oversight
- safety, health and environment
Each board committee has a mandate outlining the responsibilities and duties of the committee, which is reviewed annually. Three of the committees - audit and finance, human resources and compensation and nominating, corporate governance and risk - are 100% independent.
Audit and finance
The audit and finance committee assists the board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for:
- our accounting and financial reporting processes,
- internal controls,
- the external auditors (their performance, qualifications, independence and audit of our financial statements),
- internal audit function,
- financial matters and management of financial risks,
- our process for monitoring compliance with laws and regulations (other than environmental and safety laws) and
- our code of conduct, and prevention and detection of fraudulent activities
|John Clappison||Ian Bruce||Neil McMillan|
Human resources and compensation
The human resources and compensation committee assists the board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for:
- human resource policies,
- executive compensation, and
- executive succession and development.
|Ian Bruce||Daniel Camus||Neil McMillan|
Nominating, corporate governance and risk
The nominating, corporate governance and risk committee assists the board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities
- by developing and recommending a set of corporate governance principles
- identifying and recommending director candidates, and
- overseeing risk management.
|Anne McLellan||Neil McMillan|
The reserves oversight committee assists the board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for estimating and disclosing mineral reserves and resources.
|Catherine Gignac||Donald Deranger||Neil McMillan|
Safety, health and environment
The safety, health and environment committee assists the board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for safety, health and environmental matters.
|Jim Gowans||Donald Deranger||Neil McMillan|