The board carries out its responsibilities directly and through its five standing committees, each mandated to provide detailed oversight of the following key areas:
- audit and finance
- human resources and compensation
- nominating, corporate governance and risk
- reserves oversight
- safety, health and environment
Each board committee has a mandate outlining the responsibilities and duties of the committee, which is reviewed annually. Three of the committees - audit and finance, human resources and compensation and nominating, corporate governance and risk - are 100% independent.
Audit and finance
The audit and finance committee supports the board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities regarding:
- the integrity of our accounting and financial reporting;
- the adequacy and effectiveness of our internal controls and disclosure controls;
- regulatory (excluding safety, health and the environment) and ethical compliance;
- the independence and performance of our external and internal auditors;
- oversight of specific risks; and
- prevention and detection of fraudulent activities and financial oversight.
|John Clappison||Daniel Camus||Ian Bruce|
Human resources and compensation
The human resources and compensation committee supports the board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for:
- human resource policies,
- executive compensation, and
- executive succession and development.
|Don Kayne||Daniel Camus||Ian Bruce|
Nominating, corporate governance and risk
The nominating, corporate governance and risk committee supports the board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities:
- by developing and recommending a set of corporate governance principles,
- identifying and recommending director candidates, and
- overseeing risk management.
|Anne McLellan||Ian Bruce|
The reserves oversight committee supports the board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities regarding estimating and disclosing mineral reserves and resources.
|Catherine Gignac||Donald Deranger||Ian Bruce|
Safety, health and environment
The safety, health and environment committee supports the board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities regarding safety, health and environmental matters.
|Jim Gowans||Donald Deranger||Ian Bruce|