Cameco's elected board of directors is comprised of a diverse group of highly skilled corporate and public sector professionals. Under their stewardship and expert oversight, Cameco's business affairs, policies and practices are supervised for the benefit of the company's shareholders.
The board has a formal mandate that lists its specific duties and responsibilities including the following:
- selecting, evaluating and, if necessary, terminating the CEO
- assessing the integrity of the executive officers and helping ensure there is a culture of integrity throughout Cameco
- strategic planning and monitoring our performance against the plan
- succession planning and monitoring management’s performance and compensation
- approving policies and procedures to manage our risks and overseeing management’s efforts to mitigate the corporation’s material risks.