We sell uranium and fuel services to utility customers around the world. Our core strengths are an extensive portfolio of contracts and the long-term, trusting relationships we have with our customers.
40 nuclear utilities worldwide
- 36% of volume to Americas (US, Canada, Latin America)
- 44% of volume to Asia
- 20% of volume to Europe
- five largest customers account for 52% of commitments
~150 million pounds of U3O8 contracted
Conversion – UF6
31 nuclear utilities worldwide
- 33% of volume to Americas (US, Canada, Latin America)
- 29% of volume to Asia
- 38% of volume to Europe
- five largest customers account for 56% of commitments
over 50 million kilograms as UF6 conversion
Conversion – UO2
Cameco is a leading supplier of uranium dioxide (UO2) used by the Canadian operators of CANDU heavy water reactors.
Conversion – UO3
Cameco provides intermediate fuel services product, uranium trioxide (UO3), through our Blind River refinery – the world's largest uranium refinery.
Cameco is one of two nuclear fuel manufacturers in Canada, and the largest Canadian-based supplier of reactor components to CANDU operators in Canada.
- utilities operating CANDU reactors
- finished fuel for CANDU reactors
- specialty alloy products for various CANDU reactor applications
- 1.2 million KgU as UO2 finished fuel bundles per year
For more information on Cameco’s marketing activities see our 2016 Q4 MD&A.