We sell uranium and fuel services to utility customers around the world. Our core strengths are an extensive portfolio of contracts and the long-term, trusting relationships we have with our customers.
47 nuclear utilities worldwide
- 31% of volume to Americas (US, Canada, Latin America)
- 49% of volume to Asia
- 20% of volume to Europe
- five largest customers account for 47% of commitments
~190 million pounds of U3O8 contracted
Conversion – UF6
33 nuclear utilities worldwide
- 34% of volume to Americas (US, Canada, Latin America)
- 29% of volume to Asia
- 37% of volume to Europe
- five largest customers account for 59% of commitments
~65 million kilograms as UF6 conversion
Conversion – UO2
Cameco is a leading supplier of uranium dioxide (UO2) used by the Canadian operators of Candu heavy water reactors.
Conversion – UO3
Cameco provides intermediate fuel services product, uranium trioxide (UO3), through our Blind River refinery – the world's largest uranium refinery.
Cameco is one of two nuclear fuel manufacturers in Canada, and the largest Canadian-based supplier of reactor components to CANDU operators in Canada.
- utilities operating CANDU reactors
- finished fuel for CANDU reactors
- specialty alloy products for various CANDU reactor applications
- 1.2 million KgU as UO2 finished fuel bundles per year
For more information on Cameco’s marketing activities see our 2015 Q4 MD&A.