The future of our company lies with tomorrow's workforce - the young people of today. Cameco supports the development of tomorrow's leaders through a wide variety of scholarships, a variety of summer and co-op opportunities each year and we maintain a number of on-the-job programs to help talented young people transition from school to career.
Summer jobs at Cameco
Every year, Cameco's summer student jobs are posted approximately mid-November to mid-December.
We're looking for U
Cameco recruits students who are currently in at least their second year of study in any of these programs:
- geology and geophysics
- engineering (mining, civil, geological, geo-environmental, process, metallurgical, chemical, environmental, mechanical)
- geological science
- natural sciences
Saskatoon-based student positions follow regular Monday to Friday office hours and all employees adhere to Cameco's business dress code. Students who are employed at our northern sites work a seven day in/seven day out shift schedule rotation and are required to successfully complete a substance test as a condition of employment. Exploration students work varying schedules, but are generally three weeks in the field followed by one week off.
Summer Job Tips and Guidelines
Make sure to include the following information in your online profile and resume:
- The name of your educational institution
- Your current year of study and program
- Your expected date of graduation
We have two types of interviews – telephone and in-person. We recommend you:
- Be on time
- Make sure you provide accurate contact information
- Be prepared. Research Cameco beforehand
- Take your time and answer the questions as best as you can using examples from your previous work experience
- Show your interest by asking questions
- If you are scheduled for a face-to-face interview, look professional
Our extensive scholarship programs offer more than $130,000 in direct support to students each year.
Cameco offers several programs aimed at helping college and university grads make the transition from school to career.