($ millions except per share amounts)
|Net earnings attributable to equity holders||64||211||34||9||41||79||5||128|
|$ per common share (basic)||0.16||0.53||0.09||0.03||0.10||0.20||0.01||0.33|
|$ per common share (diluted)||0.16||0.53||0.09||0.03||0.10||0.20||0.01||0.33|
|Adjusted net earnings (non-IFRS)||150||208||61||26||233||49||31||121|
|$ per common share (adjusted and diluted)||0.38||0.53||0.14||0.07||0.59||0.12||0.08||0.31|
|Cash provided by operations (after working capital changes)||162||136||(37)||269||286||36||(117)||374|
Key things to note:
- Our financial results are strongly influenced by the performance of our uranium segment, which accounted for 65% of consolidated revenues in the fourth quarter of 2013 and 74% of consolidated revenues in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- The timing of customer requirements, which tend to vary from quarter to quarter, drives revenue in the uranium and fuel services segments.
- Net earnings do not trend directly with revenue due to unusual items and transactions that occur from time to time. We use adjusted net earnings, a non-IFRS measure, as a more meaningful way to compare our results from period to period (see non-IFRS for more information).
- Cash from operations tends to fluctuate as a result of the timing of deliveries and product purchases in our uranium and fuel services segments.
- Quarterly results are not necessarily a good indication of annual results due to the variability in customer requirements noted above.