Senior Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer
- Born in Mpanda, Tanzania
- Resides in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Over 35 years’ experience in the uranium industry
- Engineering, operations and project expertise
- BSc in metallurgical engineering - Colorado School of Mines
- Diploma of Technology in chemical and metallurgical technology - British Columbia Institute of Technology
Bob was appointed senior vice-president and chief operating officer of Cameco Corporation on May 14, 2010.
Bob began his career with Cameco at the Key Lake Mining Corporation in 1983, one of Cameco's longest running northern Saskatchewan uranium mines.
He has held numerous positions within the company, assuming increasing responsibility with each appointment. These roles included: assistant mill superintendent, mill superintendent, general manager, vice-president of mining (Saskatchewan), vice-president of the fuel services division (Port Hope, Ontario) and vice-president, major projects division (Saskatchewan).
Prior to joining Cameco, he developed extensive engineering, operations and project experience spending five years in Papua New Guinea with Bougainville Copper Ltd, fifteen months in Namibia at the Rossing Uranium mine and three years in the Northern Territory of Australia at the Ranger Uranium Mine.
Bob currently sits on the boards of the Mining Association of Canada and The Royal University Hospital Foundation.