Environment & Safety
The ISR extractive method is environment friendly because:
- simplicity of the process ensures maximum worker safety and minimal exposure to radiation
- ISR uses native groundwater that is unusable for drinking, agriculture or livestock because of its proximity to the uranium orebody
- comprehensive modeling of groundwater flow ensures that mining solutions remain separated from any potential sources of moveable water in the area around Inkai
- natural dilution of mining solutions will ensure that groundwater returns to its pre-mining quality over time and that mining initiatives will have no impact on potential sources of drinking water in the area
- no waste or tailings facility required
- surface of the land easily restored to its original state
Wellfield operations foreman Duisenbayev Erzhan...
|Larger Photo||(1 photo)|
© 2013 Cameco Corp.