Inkai is a very significant uranium deposit, located in Kazakhstan. There are two production areas (blocks 1 and 2) and an exploration area (block 3). The operator is joint venture Inkai limited liability partnership, which we jointly own (60%) with Kazatomprom (40%).
Inkai is one of our three material uranium properties.
- business office located in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- majority of employees are Kazakh nationals
- employed up to 200 workers during construction and will require nearly 500 employees as it moves to full production
- Cameco's share of reserves is 50.4 million pounds U3O8 at an average grade of 0.07%
- Cameco's share of 2013 production was 3.0 million pounds
- current approved licensed capacity 5.2 million pounds (Cameco share 3.0 million)
- ISO 14001 certified as well as BSI OHSAS 18001 certification
The Cameco-led Inkai joint venture...
|Larger Photo||(1 photo)|