Environment & Safety
The ISR extractive method is environment friendly because:
- simplicity of the process ensures maximum worker safety and minimal exposure to radiation
- ISR uses native ground water that is unusable for drinking, agriculture, or livestock because of its proximity to the uranium orebody
- once operations are complete, groundwater is restored to meet federal and state regulatory standards preventing any contamination to adjacent aquifers
- no waste or tailings facility required
- surface lands are easily restored to original state
Lab foreman Kirk Lehner checks...
|Larger Photo||(1 photo)|
© 2013 Cameco Corp.