Crow Butte was discovered in 1980 and began production in 1991. It is the first uranium mine in Nebraska, and is a significant contributor to the economy of northwest Nebraska.
- uses environment-friendly in situ recovery (ISR) mining technique to extract uranium
- Crow Butte Uranium Mine Receives ISO 14001: 2004 Certification
- proven reserves total 3.0 million pounds U3O8, average grade of 0.12%
- annual licensed capacity of 1 million pounds U3O8
- production was 0.8 million pounds in 2012
- Total production under Cameco ownership (2002-2012) 8.3 million pounds
- employs 65 people
© 2013 Cameco Corp.