PORT HOPE CONVERSION
Cameco and its employees play a key role in the economic health of Port Hope and Northumberland County. We are widely seen as the employer of choice in the county.
Facts and Figures
- Cameco employs about 660 people at our operations in Northumberland County
- The Port Hope conversion facility employs about 350 people
- About 40% of the employees of the conversion facility live in the Municipality of Port Hope
- The Port Hope conversion facility pays approximately $1 million per year in property taxes
- The conversion facility purchases millions of dollars in goods and services locally every year
© 2013 Cameco Corp.