Our vision is to be a dominant nuclear energy company producing uranium fuel and generating clean electricity. Our goal is to be the supplier, partner, investment and employer of choice in the nuclear industry.
We are a pure-play nuclear investment with a proven track record and the strengths to take advantage of the world's rising demand for clean, safe and reliable energy. Our core strengths make us unique:
- a large portfolio of low-cost mining operations and geographically diverse uranium assets
- controlling interests in the world's largest high-grade uranium reserves
- extensive mineral reserves and resources to support our growth strategy
- excellent growth potential from existing assets, combined with an advanced global exploration program
- multiple sources of conversion and the ability to increase production
- a strong customer base and a worldwide marketing presence
- an extensive portfolio of long-term sales contracts supported by long-life assets
- innovative technology and experience operating in technically challenging environments
- an enterprise-wide risk management system tied directly to our strategy and objectives
- conservative financial management and the financial strength to support our growth
- among the first to build relationships in emerging markets
The focus of our growth strategy continues to be on our uranium segment. With the significant increase in nuclear reactor construction around the world, utilities and countries are building up their strategic inventories. In 2010, this resulted in increased long-term contracting and drove uranium spot prices significantly higher.
Our extraordinary assets, contract portfolio, employee expertise and comprehensive industry knowledge give us the ability to capitalize on any increase in uranium demand and prices, increasing shareholder value.
At the same time, we are managing our fuel services segment to better service our customers and expand our market share.
We plan to use the cash we have available to sustain and increase our production from existing assets. We will consider other uranium production opportunities as they arise.
We have long-term objectives for each of our three business segments:
- uranium – double our annual production to 40 million pounds by 2018 from existing assets
- fuel services – invest in our fuel services business to support our overall growth in the nuclear business
- electricity – maintain steady cash flow while gaining exposure to new opportunities
These are supported by annual objectives, which you'll find here.