2013 Environmental & Social Responsibility Award – The Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) annual award honours an individual or organization demonstrating outstanding initiative, leadership and accomplishment in protecting and preserving the natural environment and establishing good community relations during an exploration program or operation of a mine. Watch video
Canada's Best Diversity Employers – For the fourth consecutive year, Cameco was selected by the Globe and Mail as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. More information about the program is available here.
Top 100 Employer for 2013 – For the fourth consecutive year, Cameco was named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in a national competition organized by Mediacorp Canada Inc. and published in The Globe and Mail. More information is available in the full report on the Top 100 and the specific reasons Cameco was chosen.
Top Employer for Young People – Cameco was designated as a Top Employer for Young People for 2012, given to companies that excel at helping college and university graduates make the transition from school to work, and offer ongoing career development and advancement.
Canada's Best Diversity Employers – For the third consecutive year, Cameco was again selected by the Globe and Mail as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. More information about the Canada's Best Diversity Employers program is available here.
Top 10 Companies to Work For – For the third consecutive year, Cameco was again named by the Financial Post as one of the 10 Best Companies To Work For in Canada. More information about why Cameco was selected as one of the Financial Post's "10 Best Companies To Work For" is available here.
Saskatchewan's Top 10 Employers – Cameco was again recognized as one of Saskatchewan's Top 10 Employers, an annual competition organized by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers. To learn why Cameco continues to be a leading employer, please see our profile on the Eluta website.
Top 10 Companies to Work For – For the second consecutive year, Cameco was again named by the Financial Post as one of the 10 Best Companies To Work For in Canada. More information about why Cameco was selected as one of the Financial Post's "10 Best Companies To Work For" is available here.
Canada's Best Diversity Employers – Cameco was again selected by the Globe and Mail as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. More information about the Canada's Best Diversity Employers program is available here.
Top 100 Employer for 2012 – For the third consecutive year, Cameco was named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in a national competition organized by Mediacorp Canada Inc. and published in The Globe and Mail. More information is available on why people like working for Cameco along with the full report on the Top 100 and the specific reasons Cameco was chosen.
Excellence in Manufacturing Award (Port Hope and District Chamber of Commerce) - Cameco Fuel Services Division was recognized for commitment to remaining an employer of choice and to continual improvement through progressive human resources policies, new manufacturing techniques, community involvement and responsible environmental practices.
Supply Chain Excellence Award (Purchasing Management Association of Canada) - Recognized for success in integrating Aboriginal-owned and northern-based contractors into Cameco's supply chain.
Exceptional Engineering/Geoscience Award (Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan) – Recognized for outstanding innovation in remediating the Cigar Lake mine. Cameco engineers overcame difficult challenges using remote-operated underwater vehicles, custom equipment and innovative approaches.
Gold Quill Award of Merit (The International Association of Business Communicators) – Recognized for excellence in business communication for the Cigar Lake mine tour, which demonstrated the safety and innovation of the operation to investors and media. The award recognizes our commitment to best practices in the field of business communication.
- Top 250 Global Energy Companies (Platts) – Recognized for outstanding global financial and industry performance: 3rd in Coal & Consumable Fuels in the Americas, 5th in Coal & Consumable Fuels globally, and 56th overall in the Americas.
- Governance Gavel Awards (Canadian Coalition for Good Governance) – Best Disclosure of Board Governance Practices and Director Qualifications
- PAR (Progressive Aboriginal Relations) Program (Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business) – Part of the program since 2001, Cameco retains Gold Level certification for "innovative programs and engagement of Aboriginal people that have made an enduring impact on the business, Aboriginal communities, and demonstrate best practice for those companies beginning their journey". Cameco's success in aboriginal engagement was highlighted in a short video presented at the 2010 PAR awards gala in Vancouver.
- 24th Annual ARC Awards International, (MerComm, Inc.) – Online Annual Report, Mining Ferrous & Non-Ferrous category: Bronze (cameco.com)
- 42nd Annual Emergency Response/Mine Rescue Skills competition, Proficiency Skills category (Saskatchewan Mining Assocation) – 30-minute written exam, bench test and practical demonstration of gas testing techniques: First place, McArthur River; Runner-up, Rabbit Lake
- Award in Honour of World Day for Safety and Health at Work, April 28 (South Kazakhstan Oblast) – High performance in improving safety and health along with compliance with labour law requirements among the enterprises of the atomic industry: JV Inkai
- 2009 Peak Performance Award (Nebraska Safety Council) – In recognition of safety performance: Crow Butte operation
- John T. Ryan Trophy (Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum) – Best safety record, metal mines: Cameco McArthur River
- Excellence in Environmental Business Award (Port Hope and District Chamber of Commerce) – Environmental performance including production of nuclear fuel used to generate clean, carbon-free electricity; company core value to protect the environment; and support for the new Ganaraska Forest Centre: Cameco Port Hope
- Investor Relations Global Rankings – Top 5 IR Websites, North America
- Canada's Best Diversity Employers (Mediacorp Canada Inc.) – Employers across Canada that have exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs
- Financial Post's Top 10 Best Companies to Work For (Mediacorp Canada Inc.) – Fast-growing companies in Canada that offer tremendous career advancement opportunities together with leading-edge employee perks and benefits
- Saskatchewan's Top 20 Best Employers (Mediacorp Canada Inc.) – Saskatchewan employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work
Canada's Top 100 Employers (Mediacorp Canada Inc.) – Exceptional workplaces by (1) Physical Workplace; (2) Work Atmosphere & Social; (3) Health, Financial & Family Benefits; (4) Vacation & Time Off; (5) Employee Communications; (6) Performance Management; (7) Training & Skills Development; and (8) Community Involvement
- Governance Gavel Awards (Canadian Coalition for Good Governance) – Excellence in Compensation Disclosure
- Fred Heal Conservation Award for Employee Involvement (Partners FOR the Saskatchewan River Basin) – Cameco employees' Earth Day cleanup in Saskatoon
- Investor Relations Global Rankings – Top 5 IR Websites, North America
- Premier's Awards of Excellence in Design – Award of Merit, Collaborative: Cameco Operations Centre (Kindrachuk Agrey Architecture / Daniels Wingerak Engineering Ltd. / PWA Engineering Ltd. / Crosby Hanna & Associates / Robb Kullman Engineering Ltd.)
- Top 100 Businesses in Saskatchewan (Saskatchewan Business Magazine)
- Best Places to Work in Northern Ontario (Northern Ontario Business Magazine) – Cameco Blind River refinery
- Distinguished Lecturers 2009-2010 (Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum) – Recognition of knowledge, dedication and contribution to research and innovation in the science and application of extractive metallurgy: Engin Özberk, vice president, innovation and technology development
- Thanks a Million Award (United Way of Saskatoon and Area) – Contributions of $1 million or more over the years: Cameco/USW 8914
- C.J. Kirkpatrick Award (United Way of Saskatoon and Area) – Outstanding leadership in an employee campaign: Cameco, USW 8914
- Investor Relations Global Rankings – Best online annual report, North America; Best investor relations (IR) website and best IR website by technical criteria
- Top 250 Global Energy Companies (Platts) – Outstanding financial performance using asset worth, revenues, profits, and return on invested capital (ROIC)
- 50 Fastest Growing Global Energy Companies (Platts) – Of the year's top 250 global energy companies, Cameco was one of the 50 that show the most growth based on its three-year compound growth rate for revenues.
- Synergy Award for Innovation (The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada) – Recognizes partnerships in natural sciences and engineering research and development between universities and industry, Large companies category: Geochemist Jim Hendry and Cameco, groundwater protection
- The Aboriginal Business Award (Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce) – Leadership and commitment to growth of Aboriginal businesses in Saskatchewan
Cameco's Top 100 Employer Recognition Validates Long-Held Values: CEO Grandey – This October, based on its first-ever application, Cameco was recognized on three media lists as a top Canadian employer.
Aboriginal Business Award – ABEX – Cameco Corporation was awarded the first-ever Aboriginal Business Award at the 25th Annual Achieving Business Excellence (ABEX) awards held in Regina, Saskatchewan on October 25, 2008.
- Canadian Award for Training Excellence (Canadian Society for Training and Development) – Silver award for innovative, Canadian-developed internal learning products and programs: Cameco and The Refinery Leadership Partners
- Thanks a Million Award (United Way of Saskatoon and Area) – Cameco/USW 8914
Mayor's Award (Northumberland Chamber of Commerce) – Active partnership in community initiatives: Zircatec Precision Industries (now Cameco Fuel Manufacturing, Port Hope and Cobourg)
- Campaign Chair's Choice Award (United Way of Saskatoon and Area) – Best overall performance by a workplace campaign
- John T. Ryan Trophy (Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum) – Best safety record for metal mines: Rabbit Lake
Employee fundraising (Elliot Lake Standard) – Recognition of employee fundraising for the Kidney Foundation: Cameco Blind River
Members of the McArthur River...
|Larger Photos||(2 photos)|